There was this project that I worked on, for which I worked a lot and the results turned out pretty good too. But I only worked the regular hours - did not burn the midnight lamp or go without lunches on days etc. Because it was relatively smooth that way, I did not feel like it was a big achievement or anything.
Soon after, I was asked to write a case study based on the project. Only when I got down to writing it - detailing the journey, listing out the achievements etc - did I realize that the accomplishment was pretty huge.
Lesson learnt - It really really makes a huge difference to take the time to write down your achievements to both reward yourself with a sense of accomplishment for what you did and to give you the confidence to talk in pride about all you've done.
And most importantly, you have something to look at and make you feel better when things arent going that great.
No comments:
Post a Comment