Even if you have gone through the similar or even far more struggles in life, it is hard to see a loved ones struggle with something. My brother is in his post-graduation-job-hunting state, and is going through the typical frustration and depression that comes with it. I feel bad seeing him go through it, and I feel helpless. I know it will pass soon. I have been through that state twice or thrice in my life so far and know what it takes. I also know that it is these struggles that makes one a man.
And it is not like he is a kid... he is old enough to be able to deal with such struggles himself - so I am not too worried, even though I feel bad for him. But I cant imagine how stressful it must be for parents to deal with the struggles their kids go through!
This makes me think - doesnt life get progressively harder as we grow up (you just need to compare your school life to your current life to realize this)? Why is that? It is not the case for other animals. It wasnt even the case for stone age men. We just evolved to make lives harder for all of us - what are we progressing towards by making life only harder? Are we really evolving towards destruction as opposed to betterment or stability? Or is it that all this hardship is part of a process of evolving into a being greater than the human, who once evolved will live in peace?
(No, I am not depressed or worried, I am just thinking logically :) )
1 comment:
sigh!
"what are we progressing towards by making life only harder"
you took words out of my mouth
Post a Comment