Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Driven by Fear

Since the start of this year, I have been gripped by a fear that I did not have before - fear of losing the kind of life and the freedom that I have now and not being able to get back.

I am making checklists and working on checking items off it. Hoping to check most of them off before something happens that puts a plug on making such checklists. I don't know what that "something" is and when it would come. All I know is that I fear it.

Maybe that something is as grave as death; maybe it's just a normal life event such as the birth of a child; maybe it is the need to move back to India and fight the social struggles.
I don't know.

I pray for the strength to always just do what feels right to me and what makes me happiest. WHATEVER that means I have to do.
If I knew I had that strength, I wouldn't have this fear.

2 comments:

bubbles said...

Uncle(siva's dad) says, it doesnt matter if you dont have the strength, you will find it in you when you need it. God never gives challenges that one cannot overcome.

btw, I have seen you rise up from the ashes, and it feels so good to see you so happy :-D so, you owe it to me to dump that fear and live with your life.

Anonymous said...

>> You will find it in you when you need it
That's true :). It has been true so far in my life too.

Aanalum konjam bayam irukku :) - if I might succumb and become someone I don't want to become and just get comfy in that state.
If that ever happens, remember to shout a "WTF" at me! :).

H

Post a Comment